Gold Coast Titans v Cronulla Sharks
Saturday, July 15, 7:30pm (AEST) at Cbus Super Stadium, Gold Coast
Sharks coach Shane Flanagan has stated that he could rest some of his players after State of Origin 3 and it’s definitely worth keeping an eye on any late team news. The Titans have named Jarryd Hayne, Nathan Peats and Jarrod Wallace to back-up after Origin.
The Titans defeated the Sharks 16-12 at Cronulla in Round 8 earlier this season, while six of the last nine matches between the sides have tallied fewer than 36 points. The biggest margin over the last five matches has been five points.
Gold Coast are 14th on the ladder with a 6-10 record. They won their last two before a bye convincingly against Wests Tigers and St George Illawarra, conceding just 24 points across those two games. The Titans are just 3-5 on home turf. Cronulla are second on the ladder with an 11-5 record. The Sharks have won six of their last eight and went into the bye off their most impressive win of the year, a 44-12 win over title contenders Sydney Roosters. The Sharks are a perfect 7-0 away from Shark Park this year.
Ashley Taylor v Chad Townsend: Taylor has an incredible 21 try-assists this season and his efforts were rewarded after he was called into the Maroons camp in a development role. He’ll be looking to put his best foot forward against the defending premiers and lead his side to an upset victory. Townsend has been very quiet in the Sharks’ last two outings and could be asked to step up here if coach Flanagan decides to rest James Maloney. He needs to recapture the form he displayed in 2016 as the Sharks went on to win the premiership.
Stats That Matter
– Gold Coast are 8-8 ATS with an 11-5 over record while Cronulla are 6-10 ATS with a 10-6 under record.
– Cronulla have won just 2 of their last 6.
– Six of the last nine matches have tallied fewer than 36 points.
– The Titans are 17-11 ATS as a home underdog since 2014 but they have covered just 1 of their last 4 as a home underdog of less than a try.
– Cronulla have covered 6 of their last 8 away games.
– Cronulla are 5-9 ATS as a road favourite since 2014 while they have covered 3 of their last 4 as a road favourite of less than a try.
– Cronulla are 9-1 under after winning by 18 or more while they are 2-8 ATS.
The Wolf is keen on the unders and the Titans with the start here. He’s taking a flyer that Shane Flanagan decides to rest origin stars like Andrew Fifita and James Maloney. Either way six of the last nine matches have tallied fewer than 36 points and The Wolf is expecting another grinding affair similar to the match these sides played in Round 8.
How It’s Shaping Up
Gold Coast by 2
Under 40 ($1.88)
Other Recommended Bets
Gold Coast + 4 ($1.91)
0 nhận xét Blogger 0 Facebook
Post a Comment