GWS v Fremantle
Saturday 2:10pm at Spotless Stadium
The Giants will be hoping to play themselves back into form at home against a struggling Fremantle team desperate for a win.
Greater Western Sydney are third on the ladder with a 10-5-2 record. They have hit a slump of late though with just one win – against Brisbane – in their last six games. GWS have played in seven digit games this year and have lost just one of them. The Giants rank fifth in scoring and sixth in defence. GWS have conceded 100-plus points just twice since Round 1.
Fremantle have won just one of their last eight games and have lost their last two by five or more goals. The Dockers are down to 14th on the ladder with just seven wins from their 17 games. They rank 17th in scoring and 14th in defence, which about sums up their season. Freo have been kept to under 50 points in their last two.
Stats That Matter
– GWS have won the last two matches against Fremantle.
– Freo have covered 4 of the 6 all-time matches.
– The last three Giants-Dockers games have gone under the total.
– GWS have covered just 2 of their last 10 at Spotless.
– The over has hit in 12 of the last 18 games at Spotless.
– GWS are 5-2 ATS with a 6-1 over record when favoured by more than five goals at Spotless.
– Freo have covered 4 of their last 6 interstate.
– The Dockers have covered just 5 of their last 13 interstate getting more than four goals start.
– Interstate outsiders of four goals or more who scored 60 points or fewer last start cover at just 41%.
2017 Line: Greater Western Sydney 6-11, Fremantle 8-9
2017 Over-Under: Greater Western Sydney 10-7, Fremantle 8-9
What To Expect
Two draws and two losses in their last 4 have put the Giants under pressure to hold on to a home final but The Wolf is expecting a big response. They were strangles by the Swans and Tigers over the last fortnight but this week host a Dockers side that ranks 17th in percentages. Fremantle don’t travel well as a big outsider and The Wolf says the Giants will use this as a springboard to get their season back on track.
How It’s Shaping Up
GWS by 48
GWS -39.5 ($1.91)
Three of Lachie Whitfield’s last seven games have topped 110 points and he has the upside to score big against poor teams. With the Giants set to run right over the top of the Dockers Whitfield is in for a big fantasy score.
Lachie Whitfield 110+ Fantasy Points ($2.10)
Home » AFL » Tips for betting » AFL Preview: Giants v Dockers
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
0 nhận xét Blogger 0 Facebook
Post a Comment